The Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation (SMMEF), SMMUSD’s non-profit fundraising partner, funds important staff and programs at every school in our district, thanks to donations from parents, community members and businesses.
Thanks to generous contributions to SMMEF, PDMSS students benefit from the following programs and resources this year:
- 10 weeks of music, 10 weeks of visual arts and 10 weeks of theater for Kindergarten-2nd Grade
- 30 weeks of theater for 3rd-5th Grade (in addition to the existing 3rd-5th grade music program)
- Ballroom Madness for 5th Grade
- Highly-trained Instructional Assistants (13 hours of staff time per day, every school day)
- New full-time Literacy Coach to work with teachers
- Professional Development Leader to work with fellow teachers on training
- Teacher access to online educational tools and professional literature
- Professional Development Grant of $13,056 to support Planet Bravo training for teachers
- Discretionary Grant of $24,473 to fund the Planet Bravo program
- Recorders for all 3rd grade students
- Semi-private music lessons and instruments for socio-economically disadvantaged students
These programs would not be possible without parent support and we ask every family to invest what they can on an annual basis. We strive for 100% family participation, and ask parents to consider a donation that is meaningful for them.
California consistently ranks near the bottom in per student spending on public education and SMMEF-funded programs make the difference between a good education and a GREAT education.
We are currently raising money for next year’s programs which will benefit your child. Please consider making a donation today to support these programs.
To donate, go to www.smmef.org.